Full-Cycle Mobile Service Solutions – from Conception to Delivery!
Mobile is everywhere, and businesses need technology that meets business needs, regardless of where users are or how they access those applications. Screens are shrinking while their numbers multiply. Applications need to operate across a wider range of environments than ever before, and they need to travel with the user.
SCIGON has long embraced mobile technology. Our earlier work prototyping applications on a number of write-once-run-anywhere mobile tools caught the attention of Adobe Systems and resulted in a highly visible case study about our work published by Adobe. Our more recent work has focused on using native tool chains for iOS and Android applications, as well as the development of mobile web applications that optimize web sites for mobile devices and tablets.
What do we mean by “Full Cycle?” Today’s world has already gone mobile, and fully addressing business needs through this technology requires a specialized understanding of design, development and quality assurance for these devices. Our Mobile User Experience (“UX”) specialists can work with your team on creating a design and workflow that work well on tablets and mobile phones. Our mobile developers stay abreast of advances in mobile technology, and work hand-in-hand with our business analysts and clients to flesh out concepts in functional requirements that capitalize on existing and emergent capabilities available on target platforms. Development teams work closely with software testers with experience in cross-device functional and usability testing across a wide range of devices—throughout the development process, during beta testing and during implementation.
Our mobile development solutions empower businesses to leverage the increasing capabilities of smart phones or tablets. Contact one of our mobile development specialists to learn more.
SCIGON’s work in native mobile application development spans projects for iOS, Android and Windows, on both tablet and mobile phone devices. As indicated above, Adobe Systems published a case study about our earlier prototyping work in this area. Our engineers’ more recent work has focused on working with native tool chains for development of data-centric mobile applications for a number of companies in manufacturing, consumer services, hospitality, medical and sports industries. SCIGON has also created a proprietary mobile application frameworks for rapid development of Business-to-Business and Business-to-Consumer applications.
Mobile Apps are distinguished from Mobile Websites through a number of characteristics and are ideal for:
- Native Functionality or Processing Required — mobile websites are increasingly capable of accessing certain mobile-specific functions such as click-to-call. However, using a device’s camera, on-board navigation features, local storage, accelerometer, gesture-based input and processing power are best handled by a native mobile application.
- Interactivity/Gaming — interactive games (think Angry Birds) are a great way to engage customers and get your brand in front of them. As with desktop apps, interactive business applications on mobile devices enrich the user experience while providing increased functionality. Mobile apps are the ideal choice for maximum interactivity.
- Personalization & Local Data Storage — If target users need to personalize or store data locally, a mobile app provides a great platform for both.
- Complex Calculations or Reporting —Data-centric applications that manipulate data through complex calculations, charts or reports often benefit from the increased processing power and drawing APIs of native applications.
- Market-Based Distribution — If your users need to install an application and take it with them, mobile apps provide the means to accomplish this without tasking user with web site bookmarks or opening a mobile web browser to access functionality.
- No connection Required — Mobile applications provide offline access to content and can perform operations without a network or wireless connection.
Our user experience experts and business analysts can help you decide whether a mobile app is the right fit for your business needs.
Developing a mobile version of a website ensures rich mobile user experience while enabling businesses to provide customers with a streamlined interface. Advantages to mobile websites include:
- Immediacy—The latest version of a mobile website is available immediately, without requiring the user to install an application from a Market source or download updates.
- Compatibility — bobile websites are compatible across devices. Using responsive technology, mobile website can adapt to fit a variety of screen resolutions across a wide range of browser platforms on both tablets and smart phones.
- Easy to Share — sharing a mobile website with other users is as easy as sharing a link via SMS, email, or through native browser sharing applications.
- Reach — mobile websites can be discovered by users through google and other search engines. More channels are available for promoting mobile websites, which can be shared between publishers and users.
- LifeCycle — mobile websites can’t be deleted. Users looking to free up space on their devices can delete mobile apps, but mobile websites are always available to users when they want them.
A wide range of mobile devices are coming onto the market every day. These span different operating systems and screen sizes. This trend, combined with the proliferation of mobile website frameworks that bring these websites closer to the capabilities of native applications makes them appealing. Our user experience experts and business analysts can help you decide whether a mobile website fits appropriately with your business needs.
Our Mobile Development Services
We offer the following mobile design and development services, tailored around your business needs, target platform and choice of mobile website or mobile application:
- Mobile web application development and consulting
- Custom enterprise applications—mobile websites and apps that draw on the power of web services and other technologies to deliver enterprise-grade power to mobile devices
- Mobile website design centered on optimal user experience
- Mobile web content management
- SEO-friendly mobile website and marketing promotions for effective interaction with customers on the move
- Testing of mobile browser compatibility and usability for increased mobile user experience
- Developing customized rich mobile applications for seamless interactive user experience
- Mobile widget development
- m-Commerce features, including mobile payment solutions
- Location based
- Mobile application porting and migration
- Integration of social media with mobile websites and applications; allow users to engage with your business and applications through Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and LinkedIn
- Mobile security
- Mobile solutions optimized for advertising and sponsorship
We can tailor our mobile application development services around your specific needs, so feel free to contact us for more details.